As Super Sonic is not an offical character in the game, the only way to play as him the this version is to unlock him via the Debug menu.
To unlock Super Sonic in this game, you will need to do the following:
- Open the game and select the No Save option in the Start Game menu.
- When the SEGA logo appears, tape the letters in order - S, then E, then G, then A - until you hear a ring chime.
- After you hear the chime, press and hold the bottom half of the screen with two fingers until the intro has finished playing. This will open the hidden Level Select menu.
- First, use this screen to set Max Emeralds to 7. After you've done this, you’ll need to enter the following codes by playing the following sounds in order in the Sound Test option.
- First code you need to input is 04,01,02,06. If done correctly, you will hear a ring chime to confirm the code has been accepted.
- After this has been done correctly, enter the code. 01,09,09,01,00,06,02,03. Once again you should hear a ring chime to confirm that this code has been entered correctly.
- Now, select any level from the Level Select menu.
- To activate Super Sonic, you will first need to collect 50 or more Rings. Once you have done this double tap the Jump button to active Super Sonic!
- Super Sonic will slowly use up rings to remain in his Super state, and will revert back to regular Sonic once he uses up all the rings you have. However, you can activate Super Sonic again and again, as long as you collect a minimum of 50 Rings, then double jump to active him.