ChuChu Rocket! Universe can be played either using touchscreen controls, or by using a compatible gamepad, including PlayStation 4 or Xbox One controllers.
- Placing arrow: tap, hold and drag to place an arrow in the direction you dragged
- Rotating the level: tap and hold with two fingers, then drag to rotate the level
- Moving the cursor: Use the left analogue stick
- Placing arrows: Use the relevant face button to place an arrow. For example, the top face-button - △ on PlayStation 4 gamepads, or Y on Xbox One gamepads - places an up arrow. Similarly, the left face-button - □ button on PlayStation 4 gamepads and X button on Xbox One gamepads - places a left arrow.
- Rotating the level: move the right analogue stick to rotate the level