Sonic Racing is a 1v1 arcade-style racer - with a twist! Although you control one character, you'll have two AI teammates helping you out. They'll be racing by your side, and depending on the teammates you have selected, they'll provide you with items, give you boosts, or help you in a bunch of other ways!
- Accelerating: The game accelerates automatically, freeing you up to focus on steering your kart, and using the Wisps you collect
- Steering: There are three different options for steering using touch controls, which you can change in the Controls tab of the Settings menu:
- Fixed: A steering wheel sits in the center at the bottom of the screen. To steer, either turn it by dragging your finger, or tap the left or right side to turn.
- Thumbstick: Place your thumb anywhere on the screen to set a thumbstick position, then drag it left or right to steer
- Thumb Wheel: This works similarly to the Thumbstick, except instead of placing your thumb to place a thumbstick, it sets a thumb wheel. Turn the wheel by dragging your thumb
- Using Wisps: To use the Wisp you have equipped, simply tap the Wisp button - by default this is on the lower right of the screen, but it can be moved in the Settings --> Controls menu
- Accelerating: As with touch controls, the game accelerates automatically.
- Steering: Steer your kart using the left thumb stick
- Using Wisps: The lower central button activates your current Wisps - the button ╳ on a PlayStation 4 gamepad, or the A button on an Xbox One gamepad.
- Choosing the right teammates can make the difference between a win and a loss. Look at each character's ability to decide who to use on your team
- A well timed Wisp can make you snatch victory from the jaws of defeat
- Need an extra boost? Turn as far as you can in one direction, until the jet on the back of your kart begins to fire. When you stop turning you'll be rewarded with a boost!
Article is closed for comments.