If you are experiencing performance issues with the game such as lag, slowdown, or connection issues, there are a number of steps you can take that may resolve your issue and get you playing again.
Fully closing the game
- For iOS devices with a home button: From the device's main screen, double tap the "Home" key to view all running apps. Scroll through the list of apps until you find Sonic Forces: Speed Battle. “Swipe" the app off the screen and it should disappear - you've now closed the game.
- For iOS devices without a home button: Swipe up from the bottom of the screen. and a list of apps that are currently running will appear. Scroll through the list of apps until you find Sonic Forces: Speed Battle. “Swipe" the app off the screen and it should disappear - you've now closed the game.
- For Android devices: The exact steps will depend on your device and manufacturer, but on most devices, apps can be closed under the Android "Settings" menu. Find the "Apps" or "Applications" page in Settings, then select the app you want to close. You'll then be given the option to close the game; depending on your device, it will be called something like "Shut Down", "Force Stop", "End Task", etc.
Try adjusting your internet connection
Some technical issues are caused by your internet connection, so it's a good idea to try different network connection to see if this solves your issue. For example you could:
- Try switching Airplane Mode on, then turning on WiFi.
- Try switching off WiFi and using just your Cellular connection.
- If possible try using a different WiFi connection, perhaps at work, school, a friend's house, or a library.
Restart your device
The exact steps needed to do this will depend on your device. However, turning your device off then back on is a common way to fix unexplained issues with your device or apps.
Make sure your game and device have downloaded the latest updates
- Updating iOS: Apple recommends that you first back up your data before an update. Go to Settings -> General -> Software Update
- Updating Android: On many devices you can find the option to update your software in the "About Device" section of your Settings menu. If you are having trouble finding this option, please see your device's instruction manual or contact your device manufacturer for more help.
To update your game, simply navigate to the Sonic Forces page on your device's app store. If there is an update available, you'll be prompted to download it from here.