As real money purchases are managed by either Google or Apple, it's not possible for SEGA to charge your account without approval from someone with access toy our account. Therefore, if you have unauthorized charges, it's possible that your account has been compromised.
If you believe that you have been fraudulently charged for purchases in a SEGA game, please do the following:
- Confirm that the charge was from a purchase made in a SEGA game.
- Check with Friends, Household Members and anyone else who may have known your password or had access to your device to see if they made the purchase, either accidentally or otherwise.
- Check that you have Purchase Restrictions set up on your devices:
- iOS: Check that you have Purchase Restrictions set up on your devices. Go to Settings -> General -> Restrictions
- Android: Check that you have Purchase Restrictions set up on all of your devices: Look in the device settings or check your device's user manual.
- Contact Apple's iTunes Support or Google Wallet Support about the charge. When you contact them, let them know that unauthorized purchases have been made through your account. If they try to forward you back to us, please remind them that you are not contacting them about a game defect but about unauthorized charges.
In the meantime, you should consider the log-in and password you used for your account to be compromised. It is highly recommended that you take the following steps to ensure the security of your account going forward:
- Change your iTunes or Google password. Use a unique password from other accounts for added security.
- Consider changing the email tied to your account.
- Consider changing the log-in ID and password of any other online accounts tied to that email or that use the same password.
- If you use these log-in credentials for anything else tied to your debit/credit card (such as online stores, online banking, PayPal, etc...) we also suggest you review your statements for any other fraudulent charges.
It is always best to take extra caution with these sorts of accounts by maintaining different passwords and usernames for each and having a unique password for your email.